Type keyword(s) to search

tvlove

8 Neutral
  1. I agree with your analysis. I HATED the scene with Quinn laughing as she watched Yael's humiliation. I didn't mind Rachel's take-down -- this isn't real life; I don't have to judge her by real life standards -- but Quinn's reaction seemed over the top and out of character. I didn't buy Constance Zimmer's performance and it took me out of the scene. After I watched it a second time (yep, I'm still that much of a fan), I saw it differently. She wasn't really laughing at Yael's situation. She was celebrating having her daughter back. One other thing: why is it that half the cast can pronounce Yael and the the other half calls her Yayel? So annoying!
  2. Thanks so much! Script supervisors are definitely a crucial role and I will look into getting some on the show. A "story beat" is basically the minimal unit of forward motion in a story. So, in this case, the first major story beat would be Sam and Al realizing they've switched places, the second would be Sam realizing he's stuck in the imaging chamber, and the third beat would be Sam figuring out how to get out of the imaging chamber. Thanks!
  3. Nick -- I first have to say how much I am enjoying Making the Sausage. Thanks for such an entertaining and informative podcast! You mentioned above something about four "story beats" in the first scene. What does the phrase "story beat" mean? Thanks! (ps Any chance you will interview script supervisors soon? I would love to learn more about that role.)
  4. As much as I hated watching Katherine be a completely different character than the one we have come to know in that scene with the lawyer in the bar (and the terribly written and acted fight with John about it), I think the emergency that brings Bay and Daphne home will be about that. I think Katherine will have an affair and she and John will spend a season talking about divorce.
  5. Landstark!! Nick, you just became one of my favorite recappers. That was a great line. Thanks for the laugh!
  6. I love ASH as much as the next Buffy fan, but a Giles prequel would have to star a *younger* actor. Maybe ASH could be his father?
  7. Growing Up Giles -- we'd get to see young Giles forced to accept his future as a Watcher, his transformation into Ripper, and all his adventures with his friend, Ethan. The finale would show Giles boarding a plane for Sunnydale.