Type keyword(s) to search

sourpickles

1.2k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

1.5k profile views
  1. All right, I came in a bit late. I do not think when they were filming they knew it was final season...or all stars. I will take the eliminations this week....you knew Jo was going to go because, let's face it, HOW many of us on here, or in general, watched S1? Sasha, well, whatever. They missed a socks opportunity there. The Gherkin called a Jo elimination but I don't know how much more I can take of Mel or Kelly ( I really didn't realize how much she annoyed ppl., and then I paid attention....). I disagree with the rabbit thing, only b/c I would swear that has been on here before. After a while, I much preferred Jordan's mouth piece, which I can't quite place but has a style I can get behind. I was glad they only whipped out the "w" word once...there were two sets of makeups neither one of us liked, but I'll tell ya later because the Gherkin has to go to bed...............I still love this show! I'll take the last season.
  2. I swear I saw a show once, not like a reality thing, where they explained how you could undo the ears thing. But not the neck thing. That would kill you. maybe it was National Geographic. HAHAHAHA! I JUST got that.
  3. Jo's ear plugs should have their own page on here, or meme or something! And here I thought it was just me that first night........
  4. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, I've been in education and have a child in elementary school...there are WAY too many kids with designer names. My son has four Addylins....all spelled different, Addylyn, Addylin, Adylin, Addelyn. Just in that grade, and we are not a large school. I feel bad for these kids when they hit fifty or so. Don't get me started on Caitlin. Or Jessica.
  5. I think she had lavender hair the first go round. Also, Keighlan had bright blue hair and brows. Melissa had blue as well at some points. Sasha should be more with it by now, maybe she's just spazzy. But you can't beat Lois telling her to pull her socks up. To this day, it is one of my fav moments. Yes, this. Less bull nose rings though. But yeah, that's all I saw too, and I didn't even remember her. I think it'll be less obvious as the season goes along.
  6. It sure doesn't seem to be winning over any new fans............
  7. I intend to show him this tonight! HA! I think what got me was that Fairy Tales/GDT did not mesh as well as previous challenges....I mean, you really couldn't compare The Strain (great BTW) to the Gingerbread Man. Unless the GM eats people, randomly, in the middle of the night. I am happy about the contestants, and really appreciated the honesty some of them had...."hey, the jobs aren't going so great so....here we are!". I'd rather see some ppl. I haven't seen in a bit, because, let's face it (puns again!) there are only so many times Laura or Rayce or whoall can come back. I'll take what I can get. As long as some keep calm and great makeup. I did feel like while they were filming this, they didn't know it was the last season, I'm still so sad! Doug Jones is awesome no matter what. I like this head to head stuff much better than the teams thing so far...Let's see what you have!! PS, since we had KC hang out with us before, maybe you could hook us up with some Matt comments Monty ;)
  8. Oh, so many comments I agree with, too many to reply to. So I'll do my thing....my husband made fun of all my notes, and the Gherkin is back watching with me this season! (He's out of school). Of all the ppl. on S1, I do not remember Jo. Those ears though....I guess we should be happy there are no bull nose rings this season. Yes, I get the not quite All Stars, but I did remember everyone and was pleased to see them again. Matt, get a larger suit size. Kelly still reminds me of Lita Ford a bit. And Damien of Vince Vaughn back in the day. I love Doug Jones. What a class act. I was in love with the theme till I realized it was a real loose interpretation (to me) of Fairy Tales. MY guess is that the ones that were chosen were the ones with the most potential for makeup. As always, the judges and I almost disagreed on everything...I didn't like any of the ones Walter/Kelly and Jordan/Mel did. I liked the Captain Hook they dissed. Little Mermaid, oy. I'm unsure when the Gingerbread Man became a legit fairy tale, but there was some gothic moments there. Ichabod and Mr. Toad is one of my fav Disney movies, so I'll let it go. No pun intended. And did GDelToro pay to have his name mentioned so many times or sponsor the show? I would have preferred another Burton go round. Glad to see the models, so happy with the judges back and.......THIS IS FACE OFF!
  9. I've had this on all day and I still don't really know who is on this season aside from the ones I recognize automatically. Not sure I would have chosen them but hey, it's the last season so whatever. FO didn't ever do anyone favors by using the best makeups in the opening credits..made many of us think about Laura and Logan, etc., set the bar VERY high.
  10. Sasha. "Pull Your Socks Up" was SASHA, not Stella. I used to get those S names mixed up all the time on the original season. It's been driving me nuts that I couldn't think of her name, then the most recent promo jarred my memory! Random comment time!
  11. We could be here all day, and have been, debating who should have won, etc. For the record, in the first go round, I did not think Jason should have won but Cleen's final tat was clearly not what was laid out for his challenge. At any rate, all I want to see are talented artists doing their best. Period. And not for nothing I am WAY less than impressed with this Paramount channels offerings. I honestly didn't think IM was even coming back given what airs currently. Anywho, I would really like to stay up well past my bedtime watching something that is worth it! I forget if I said this before, but my son, who has watched many a show with me IM, Face Off, etc. came in and saw me typing and said "they ought to just call it *BLEEP* Master. That says a lot to me, since we've watched since S1! I shall support as long as I can though................
  12. I did forget to add that both Cl. and Ch. ( I have no more time for typing) are very talented, and I did think were shafted in some of their original appearances. However, I stand behind my post above. But yet, I'll be back for at least a few episodes, and that makes me certifiable.
  13. Maybe I need to try harder....I've watched a few epis of Knife or Death and I honestly could not stand it, but I'll give it one more shot. The whole fast fwd. thing does have some appeal. I've missed a lot of the more recent Forged In Fire, mainly because when I couldn't stand Ink Master anymore I missed FIF too, because I would just go to bed! Same night and all that. I'll have to apply myself, since the few newer epis I've seen on rerun were very, very good.
  14. Look, I like Cleen, and I like Christian, I really do. I can think of many others that I couldn't stand on a much higher level. BUT I really don't need to see them. Again. I don't need another Rivals season. I know I'm in the minority, but I really miss the earlier days of this show, and I still don't get why it can't just be more like the original format as opposed to the maximizing the drama format. Oh, wait, yes I do. I'm old! ;) Now get off my lawn.
  15. I hope so, I really do. My old(er) ass will still watch and learn something new! It just hit me today, I really realized this was the last dang season and I'm so sad now....but I'll enjoy every minute. I had a lot of grief last year and missed many of my shows, ANTM, Top Chef even, couldn't stand Ink Master for more than five epis, all the Project Runways...but I kept coming back to this show. I haven't even dealt with Forged In Fire or it's spin off, which I hate. I see a lot of the same ppl. on here as I do other shows I watch, so I guess I'll have to keep moving....but I'll always have a soft spot for Face Off and all the people who were on it! Oh, and for this last one, I did recognize a lot of ppl. today in the one extended promo, but the only names I can think of are Stella? (pull your socks up) though she now has long dark hair and Walter. So many others I can't think of right off the bat.