Type keyword(s) to search

rose711

3.2k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

1.8k profile views
  1. The Emmy award nominations are for comedy. Which classification is more important? My point was it hasn’t been funny. So even as a dramedy, it doesn’t have comedy. I’m trying to think of anything comic this season. It’s all been bitter and childish.
  2. I don’t like the ridiculous story of Joel’s mother constantly fixing him up and he’s avoiding her. Another lie going in Joel’s dishonest life. I know he wants to introduce Mei to his parents and she refuses. Why didn’t he sit down and tell his Dad the truth? I do agree that his father is sweet. Joel’s father is an underrated character. He is loud, demanding, but he is the only responsible adult in the show.
  3. I’m curious as to how people are viewing the show after these 6 episodes? So much of the behavior from every character has been childish and ugly. I hated that stupid fight at the end of the episode. Miriam can never learn to act in her own best interest and I find it exhausting, not entertaining. Right now, Mei and most of Rose are the only likable characters. (Maybe some of Joel’s father too.) The rest are angry and bitter. I feel they’ve forgotten that the show is a comedy because very little of it is funny in my view. Mostly completely nonsensical and angry, bitter and shrill.
  4. Maybe Ava learned a lesson but I’m not too sure. She still seems too self-involved and immature. Gone are the days I guess of the girls struggling to pay rent and get extra classes like Jasmine.
  5. Sorry this is the wink link: I corrected it in the post as well there is also this one too: Thought you guys might like it if it hasn’t been posted before. YouTube started throwing up a lot of old DCC links. These two are from the same channel so is this one with short lived 1990s uniform This has 8 minutes of video from the 1990s. Has a wavy kick line and no jumpsplit. Different channel. edit to add: here’s a video from the farewell to Texas stadium performance if you wanted to compare to the 60 year celebration please let me know if these aren’t interesting. I am just sharing what has popped up but I don’t want to clog the forum.
  6. Here’s a video of the wink that started the national fame of the DCC any idea who this is? the same YouTube channel has some videos of cheerleader profiles from 1989 if anyone is interested. edit: I corrected the link and hope it works
  7. I understand being bitter about last year. Still Brennan knew she wasn’t physically ready after having COVID. She should have taken the year they offered - but she’s not as good as many of the rookies, so maybe she would have just been delaying her cut. Hannah is the only “wrongly” cut veteran who could compete with the dancers on this team this year. I'm so impressed with these girls. I think the video auditions plus learning the dances from video are massive improvements to their process. So is helping the girls find an alumni to stay with fora while when they are young and new
  8. This popped up too - a telethon performance with the dancing so much simpler than today Telethon dancing for cancer with Monty Hall (?) maybe the 70s they do a dance to the intro dance of a chorus line but these people may not be cheerleaders. It’s too fuzzy for me to tell.
  9. This video of the DCC 60th anniversary half time show popped up in my YouTube suggestions. 60th anniversary halftime show It has people from past seasons dancing. if this isn’t the right forum, sorry.
  10. That makes sense. I didn’t know how it would work out with timing. It sounds like she would have left the team after the Cowboys season started?
  11. Not sure about this episode. It’s so hard to cut someone at the very, very end. I know they do it for the show, but it’s so tough on the girls. I didn’t seeI any bad photos this year. No one really struggled as we have seen other years. Do people think that Alora Rose would have tried out and if she didn’t make it she would go back to Dallas? I’m not sure how the timing would work with it. The Rockettes are a much better dance job than the Cowboys Cheerleaders. So she made the right choice.
  12. My point about the cake is making the dress wasn’t that interesting or new. I’ve seen childrens cakes with dresses piped on Barbie dolls with the same idea. I think she’s very one note with her miso flavored everything.
  13. Why Lizzie went home was not well explained in the episode. Crystelle should have gone. That dress cake wasn’t that special. She doesn’t experiment with flavor and creativity. She’s boring. Everyone left is boring tbh.
  14. Thanks for the reply. You are right. I meant Breelan. I think all these dancers are better than Brennan also - to be fair- but I don’t remember Brennan having many memory mistakes as much as style problems.
  15. 1. These were the least exciting makeovers I’ve seen in watching almost be very season. Why was it so bland? 2. what exactly do they mean when they say someone “fades?” I understand blending but not exactly what “fading”means. Losing energy maybe? edit to add 3. So happy for Gina. I never liked Maddy. I’m still so happy about the quality of the dancers this season. No one like the forgettable year of Morgan and Breelan and that “Barbie girl” blonde - I don’t remember her name- maybe Kat?