Type keyword(s) to search

giovannif7

3.0k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

2.5k profile views
  1. I had to go back to see if I heard right when, starting up the stairs in the last group, one of the twins (in voiceover) said that their game plan for the day (after a couple of sloppy days) was to slow it down and think a little more. Wow - slow it down when you're starting at the back of the pack? And then alternate between over- and under-thinking it as you repeatedly switch Detour tasks? Much as they seem like cool guys, I would have been disappointed / frustrated if an act of divine intervention had kept them from being Philiminated.
  2. Jake is played by Ryan Hansen. I know him from Party Down, 2 Broke Girls and the reality parody series Burning Love, but most probably know him from Veronica Mars. The minute Jake said his mom was in town and that he never knew his dad, I knew where this was heading, and having Julia Duffy as his mom just sealed the deal - can't wait to see how that rocky "family" reunion plays out next season. I loved pretty much everything about this season-ender, especially the nods to Dan's womanizing and douche-baggery in his younger days. I hope they keep bringing Roz back for visits, and would love to see both Julia Duffy and Gigi Rice (who was a great choice to play Christine's sister) recur as well.
  3. Royal Pains is following in the footsteps of Suits, soaring high on the Netflix streaming chart. I hope the bean counters and studios take notice of the rebounding audience interest in Blue Skies programming! https://tvline.com/ratings/royal-pains-nielsen-streaming-top-10-ranking-1235184745/
  4. Another far-too-young loss - Canadian actor Chris Gauthier has passed at age 48. I remember him best as Vincent, the cafe proprietor on Eureka and Smee from Once Upon A Time, but he has a long list of roles on (mainly Vancouver-based) shows like Smallville (as the Toyman), Supernatural, Harper's Island, Reaper and many more. #RIP https://tvline.com/news/chris-gauthier-cause-of-death-once-upon-a-time-dead-obituary-1235173792/
  5. Isaac: I'm sorry - can someone catch me up? Pete: Sass has been controlling Jay by entering his dreams. It's his ghost power. Isaac: Seriously. And I get the fart thing... (perfectly delivered with Isaac's special mix of envy, disdain and disappointment)
  6. JFC - have they learned nothing from the vitriol aimed at the idiots who think they can just throw in edgy twists when updating classics without pissing people off? Just call it something else and change the names of the characters - there's no reason to desecrate the collective memories of fans of the original. Or maybe they think that any buzz is good buzz, and the endless pummeling that plagued the atrocious movie updates of The Avengers, The Wild Wild West and, yes, Bewitched, will wind up bringing tons of attention to their ill-conceived project? πŸ˜ πŸ˜–
  7. R.I.P. Melanie 😒😒😒 While my sisters were into roller skating and loved Brand New Key, I was always more partial to her first hit Lay Down (Candles in the Rain), which was inspired by her experience performing at Woodstock. πŸ•―οΈπŸŒ§οΈ
  8. I wish I had high hopes that we'd get something worthy of the original 60s series, but I fear it'll be closer to the 1998 Ralph Fiennes/Uma Thurman travesty of a film. It is not encouraging that the article refers to Patrick Macnee, Honor Blackman and Dame Diana Rigg (Steed, Cathy Gale and Emma Peel) as "a trio." The focus was always on the duo of Steed and his female partner, with Rigg stepping in when Blackman left after Season/Series 3, and then Linda Thorson (Tara King) replacing Rigg after Season/Series 6. I do find it encouraging news that the reboot will be helmed by Brits, who hopefully have the vision to recapture the cool, classy, understated style of the original. 🀞
  9. After one particularly ill-advised 1972 project, I don't think Grier's acting career was going to be much more than a series of guest TV roles...
  10. AMC loses another alum - Alec Musser, who took over the role of Del Henry from Windsor Harmon in 2005, has passed away at age 50. He landed his AMC contract by winning the reality show I Wanna Be A Soap Star. After leaving the show in 2007, Musser acted in a few other projects including an episode of Desperate Housewives, and went on to become a popular fitness model. No cause of death is noted in the TVLine article.
  11. R.I.P. TV host/reporter/interviewer/VH1 VJ Bobby Rivers
  12. Happy for the progress in seeing so many male-male couples make the TVLine 2023 year-end list of "Most Dynamic 'Ships", including Heartstopper - Nick and Charlie Doom Patrol - Larry and Rama Fellow Travelers - Hawk and Tim/'Skippy' The Righteous Gemstones - Kelvin and Keefe The Last of Us - Bill and Frank Sadly, other couples from Fellow Travelers, Our Flag Means Death, Good Omens and others were not included, and there's a complete lack of lesbian couples mentioned, so there is still a lot of room for diverse growth. I'm choosing to see it as a positive trend toward increasing inclusion.
  13. Tom Hanks' fanboying was great as well - I was surprised and thrilled to hear his excitement over Cher in Mamma Mia! - Here We Go Again, when she sang Fernando to Andy Garcia on a Greek island with fireworks filling the night sky behind them... movie musical moments don't get any better than that for those of us of a certain age and orientation. β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ
  14. 😒😒😒😒😒😭😭
Γ—
Γ—