Type keyword(s) to search

boes

119.7k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

6.7k profile views
  1. Uh oh. It looks like the Great Punctuation Wars of 2024 have made their way to the Upper Midwest. Kyle's doing a sneak attack, armed with a thesaurus, a red pen and a jar of whiteout and Diane's fighting back with extra commas, exclamation marks and a hairful of split infinitives. Families are being torn apart by the Oxford Comma controversary - can conflict over one space or two at the end of a sentence be far behind? Bouffants are gonna fall, folks! It's gonna be a sad Mother's Day in Mudville. I'm really hoping Aunt Jordan shows up this time in a Groucho Marx mask with a corsage that spouts water wearing clown shoes. Nobody but nobody in this crowd will notice her. I'm surprised that by now Nikki, let alone Newman Security, doesn't know that Victor turns off his phone when he's in the can reading the latest issue of "Jokes for the John". Geez. Joshie G. really went all out writing today's episode, didn't he?
  2. Making their way inside the Mansion with all the dexterity and grace of an Aunt Jordan, in my game, would be Diane, Sally, Audra, Mariah, Lily, Traci, Abby, Tessa. (Poor Esther was felled by a rabid feather duster on her way in, so sad.)
  3. I love lilacs. While we have plants that resemble them in California, none of the ones I'm familiar with come even close to the fragance and beauty of the ones in the midwest where I grew up. The whole side of our yard was nothing but lilacs, they were abundant in the neighborhood and that smell was glorious. All we catholic kids had altars to Mary in May and they all overflowed with handpicked lilacs. I hope yours somehow escape the freeze and the snow!
  4. Not a bit, cuz she was SO awful. It's hard to get around feeling that Chelz is happiest when she's nattering on about herself and her apparently endless psychological problems with Connor's crisis getting in the way of all that. She seems happiest sitting at a table across from that ventriloquist's dummy she's dating and basking in his unwarranted praise of how well she's doing and how insightful she is. What a pair. I think she wants to ship Connor off to get the spotlight back on herself.
  5. I was expecting one from the shuffleboard that's been made of the Newman Media jobs, especially when Audra got fired, but nada so far. I thought Audra, for sure, wouldn't take Nikki's unfair dismissal so easily but apparently Show did.
  6. jewel21, I'm so sorry you've been feeling so poorly. Like @Snaporaz, I know people who've been ill with a gastric virus and I had something similar a month or so back. That bland diet is boring, for sure, but it does help, I think. The bruising sounds concerning and it's good that you went to the doctor. Do you usually bruise easily? In any case, I hope you're on the mend soon. @Peppermint and @Snaporaz, My condolences on your magnolias. They're such magnificent trees. The weather has been wild again this year. Where I'm at in California, we've had lots of rain and variable temps but nothing that's been as damaging as what you've had.
  7. This must have been new battery day at DOOL because RoboMar had more animation, more eye movement and more nuance in her responses than I've seen in months. I hope Show is very careful in the christening scenes so nobody splashes any liquid on her. RoboMar going on the fritz at the christening could be a disaster! Jada is most obviously NOT a woman to be easily scorned. Everybody in reaching distance is liable to get knocked upside the head. I don't really blame her for reading Stephanie for filth, though. You'd think that Stephanie would have done some sort of internet search on Bobby at some point, either early on in their relationship or after he disappeared. She's supposed to be internet savvy and all, and she was living in the city where he had both his marriage to Jada and his coma-inducing accident. I'd be surprised that a news site/newspaper didn't run some images of the man because of the accident, which must have made the news. Unlike Jada, I don't think Stephanie was complicit as much as just plain stupid. Afer all, this is the same woman who dated BenAlex, so dumb is definitely in her wheelhouse. Speaking of dumb, I think we just saw Eric expend his one brain cell for the month, talking to Marlena and then to Nicole. The crib Marlena said they'd need for Jude might be just what the doctor ordered if Eric gets all fussy and gassy after the christening. Sure, Sloane can burp him and put him down but having a crib handy just seems smart.
  8. OMG, ButtBiscuit is the WORST! He comes gliding as if he's got rollerballs installed in his cloven hoofs and rudely inserts himself into Devon and Lily's private conversation as if he's an airborne STD. Break out the air freshener. There's very few things so immediately infuriating as hearing that horse's ass bloviate as to why other people shouldn't be doing the same things he does before he gets out of bed in the morning. Oh, wait, I forgot, he sleeps upside down, hanging from the rafters in the Abbott attic. Jill needs to return to GC to see exactly what a plague she's released on Chancellor/Winters. I'm wondering, though, if her previous loyalty to Lily, which always won over her feelings for ButtBiscuit has now been reversed? But that wasn't enough. Apparently still searching for a face punch, ButtBiscuit cruised his freshly squeezed corpse into Crimson Lights and zeroed his unwanted advice in on Adam and Chelsea. Sure, she wanted to listen to him chew his cud but Adam, not so much. I wish somebody in GC would kidnap that twizzle stick of a man and sew his lips together. It could be fun for the whole family! Speaking of fun for the whole family, how about glueing Heather and Daniel to chairs at Crimson Lights and just letting the customers poke fun at them? I'm now hoping that Lucy has inherited enough genes from Daisy and her grandmother to initate a new reign of anti-parental terror. Seems to me that Daniel and Heather's curated remembrance of Daniel's creation of OmegaSphere conveniently forgot that it was originally couched by Daniel as his attempt to repair his relationship with Lucy, NOT with Heather. Lily helped him with that so much that it would never have seen the light of day without her, no matter how Daniel and Heather rewrite history. They better expand that hole in Chancellor Park, it's gotta be big enough for two now.
  9. Sally's fire alarm broke during all her hot times with Nick. Or so he'd claim, anyway.
  10. Tuesday's show was virtually unwatchable for me. We had more extended scenes of Abe and Paulina huffing and puffing smoke up each other's behinds, the odious Gwen/Theresa combo blathering to twin lunkheads, BenAlex and Brady, superannuated slinky toy Kristen using her phone sex voice with both BenAlex and Brady and Tripp and Wendy apparently doing a "how to" video on sucking all the air out of a room. And Tripp and Wendy were the most watchable scenes of the day. It could only have gotten sadder if we'd also had to sit through more scenes of Konstantine expounding about "my Katarina" in his unidentifable clown accent. Show better not be paying these writers in anything other than circus peanuts.
  11. Phyllis and Summer. I'm happy to say I did it ALL FOR MY CHILDREN and, I've changed. No, I don't know what that means any more than either of them do.
  12. Esther!! Pardon me, I didn't mean to shout. But ESTHER. (Not to worry, DOOL would snatch her up in a heartbeat, just their type). Amanda. Sorry Amanda, It's me, not you.
  13. To be honest, I usually pronounce "Devon" as "you pompous ass" when I'm watching the show. My pronounciations of "Victor" and "Nick" and "Phyllis" are along similar lines. ButtBiscuit gets off easy.
  14. If you ever visit Pekin, Illinois, don't expect fine Chinese food, either. It is a scenic drive from there to Cairo, Illinois, though the pyramids seem to be missing. And JFK never said Ich bin ein Berliner in Berlin, Wisconsin. Since there's an East Peru, Iowa, shouldn't there be a West Peru, too?