Type keyword(s) to search

cardigirl

10.5k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

2.5k profile views
  1. I don't know what's up with Forums on Primetimer, but I cannot access them from my usual computer. UGH. At any rate, I did enjoy this series for its atmosphere and for the combining of the two mysteries, what happened at the serial killer's house, and what happened at the retreat. I usually don't comment on appearances of actors, but the thinness of Darby drove me nuts. She was skeletal and I kept wanting her to eat SOMETHING. I think Emma Corrin is a fine actor, and enjoyed her in The Crown, but her thinness was such a distraction to me in this show.
  2. I just want Dot and Wayne and Scotty to end up together and safe. Not likely with this show m. 😔
  3. Oh, me too! I was so happy to see her get that tea!
  4. I thought this was very Disneyfied. It doesn't feel quite like Doctor Who, although I like the new Doctor. I was annoyed by some of Ruby's line delivery, but she's a cute thing, and shown to be brave, so I'll probably end up liking her too. I'm still waiting to be blown away by a Doctor's introduction like I was by "The Eleventh Hour."
  5. I loved this episode. And I think Dominic West is doing a great job. I did think that a lot of viewers might not care for it, because it was somewhat sympathetic to Charles, but I'm not one of them. And loved seeing Matt Smith again in the role, on the family movies.
  6. Lots to enjoy in this episode and I did enjoy it, BUT, can we please STOP with the endless corridors? It was annoying in the last episode and then to repeat that effect again this episode bored me. Looking forward to 15's tenure.
  7. I'm enjoying this season a bit more that last season, but am I the only person who was rooting for Turner's scheme to work? I would love to see Bertha taken down a peg or two. *evil laugh*
  8. I don't agree with you about his grin, I think he's just happy he's still in the competition. He's been shown to be helpful to the other contestants, and he seems like a pretty good sport, in my opinion. Your comment about a "shit-eating grin" sort of resonated with me because I smile a lot and have had some people tell me to wipe that "grin" off of my face, thinking I was being inappropriate somehow. Nothing could be further from the truth, and yet, when it happens, I wonder what on earth has happened to that person that they think so poorly of me based on my smile. As far as the judges favoring one sex over the other, I've never seen that to be true.
  9. Now that was a Doctor Who episode! Lots of callbacks to previous seasons/doctors and even referenced Jodie's doctor, so no complaints from me. I did figure the Meep was the bad guy pretty early on, though. Donna's mom was great in this. I have some niggling concerns about Donna's ultimate fate before the three specials are done, but I LOVED THIS!!!💗 Doctor wondering why everything was leading back to Donna is a good setup for what may be heading their way. Nice to love Doctor Who again. 🤩
  10. Her interpreter is there to translate what is being said to her, not to translate her for the audience. It's to accommodate her in the tent, so she understands what everyone else is hearing and to put her on equal footing with the rest of the contestants. I haven't found her signing to be intrusive at all and generally it's done with the camera interviews after a challenge or at the end of an episode. I appreciate the voiceover then.
  11. I've really enjoyed this season of the show, all of the contestants were appealing and I enjoyed watching them in the tent. I agree that I think the right three are in the final, but very sad to see Tasha go. And, um, I didn't really miss Alison in the tent this week.
  12. That was a great line! At least for us Bostonians. 😄 I like this show, and I'm so glad to be back in Frasier's world. I have started re-watching the original episodes, and am finding that the two shows aren't that much different. The setup is the same as far as having little vignettes of scenes tied together with an overarching theme. I hope that this show will continue to find its footing. Just re-watched the episode where Frasier bought a fake art piece, and wants to get revenge on the gallery owner that sold it to him. Niles is a standout in that episode. When he realizes that a humiliating episode from his high school days engendered nicknames, he throws a brick through a window and says, I've struck a blow for justice! Nobody calls me "Peachfuzz." Now let's get the hell out of here! Still laughing over that scene.
  13. I really enjoyed this. So much so I stayed up late to finish bingeing it. Very well done. I'm sure there are plot holes, because—time travel—but loved the acting and how beautifully it was staged. I don't know if I would even want a Bodies 2. This was a great story as is. And the actor playing DS Whiteman from 1941, Jacob Fortune-Lloyd, was a standout to me. He was sooo good. All of the detectives were. I think I would have liked to see more of their lives after the loop is broken. Great combination of murder mystery, time travel, and action story. I hope Netflix does more stories like this.
  14. Two episodes in, and I'm enjoying it. I'm not familiar with the graphic novel it's based on, so I'm not comparing the show to that. I like all the switches back and forth between the different times.
  15. It's too soon to tell if there will be a second season. So many terrible shows are given multiple seasons (I'm looking at you, Call Me Cat) when they have very little charm. This show has potential, and I enjoy being back in Frasier's orbit. I'm in for the rest of this season, and if they give us more, that too. :)