Type keyword(s) to search

marceline

8.1k Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

1.9k profile views
  1. I've done a rewatch and I have additional thoughts: To the person upthread who mentioned he grunting and groaning, thanks for that. I started cracking up. Angela Basset can deliver the most ridiculous dialogue in the most dramatic way. "HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY DAMN DONGLE!!" was a line reading for the ages. Kudos to the stunt actors. There was a lot of really good stunt work in this episode especially after the explosion and the tidal wave. I wonder how much of the season's budget got spent on these three episodes. I hope there's still enough for the rest of the season. Otherwise the 118 will spend the rest of the season getting cats out of trees.
  2. They'll retcon all of that by the end of the next episode. There was a time I would've agreed with you but given some of the insane behavior I've seen on Tik Tok, he felt completely believable to me.
  3. This was classic 9-1-1 and I loved it. I love Bobby and Athena so much. This is a case where I reallyreallyreally hope the actors like each other because they are so wonderful on screen together. I love the fact that they are grown ass adult who love each other completely. I was reminded of the episode in S4 where Athena walked into a burning building to save Bobby. I really like how they brought us back to Bobby's regret about what happened to his family. That's part of the character's DNA and it makes perfect sense that he would make that kind of confession It's not 9-1-1 without random assholes. The drunk dude at the traffic stop. The "cash me out" guy on the ship. One of the things I love about this show is how they give us obvious villains to hate and we get to see them pay. I feel like the show doesn't know what to do with Hen and honestly, neither do I. I want Lady Captain to live because I want her to become a recurring character. I remember watching The Poseidon Adventure with my parents just like Athena did and I have the same feeling about cruise ships. 😃
  4. That cold open was hilarious. That saidI found Gregory off-putting during the game. He's always been competitive but I hated how he flipped the table at the end. It just felt wrong to me that he would do that in front of the kids. I like the evolution we're seeing in Janine. I like her We're slowly watching her become the next Barbara or Melissa. Love Keegan Michael Key and hope he recurs.
  5. Not just you. I haven't seen people look this crappy since the season of COVID.
  6. Excellent point. Both couples are doing quite well and we just saw how amazing Violet and Fred are.
  7. I don't even recognize this version of Matthew. He's never been this tone-deaf about Trixie's work. He was Nonnatus House's benefactor. Plus the way he was holding Jonty like he'd never touched the kid before. It was so weird. I'm thinking about the track record for marriages on this show. Barbara died, Lucille left Cyril, I hope Chummy and Peter are still together.
  8. What a hideous person Capote was. That's my takeaway from this series. I admit that I always chafe against the stories where a tortured artist gets to treat the people in their life like shit until someone fights back. From What's Love Got to Do With It? to Priscilla (which I watched last week.) Both Babe and Truman got beautiful dream scenes in death. Babe got to wear that gorgeous pink gown, Truman got to walk the beach, and they each got to be their best selves forever. Babe dropping her funeral plans on the Swans during lunch was a kind of gut punch but I respected it. I have friends of a similar age and I think that's something friends should discuss.
  9. I liked this episode more than the previous ones. I like the stories better when they're about Robyn saving random people who need help instead of intrigue about the CIA and foreign ops about extractions of spies and terror cells and operatives back from the dead. I like stories more when Robyn is the Friendly Neighborhood Equalizer with Mel, Harry, and Dante having her back. Robyn's stunt with the grenade is the reason I keep coming back to this show. That was amazing.🤩
  10. FYI, episode 2 is up on PBS Passport now.
  11. Where are they getting the fashions they're putting on Betty? Because that sweater is adorable.
  12. I was thinking about starting a couple of threads. Maybe one about our favorite [something] like "our favorite birth scenes" and maybe an "unpopular opinions" thread. The show returns to PBS on March 17 and I thought this could be a good way to get ready for that.
  13. Not just you. Will knows that Betty is magic. Plus I like how he said she was his family. I'm so happy this show is back.
  14. Could someone explain to me the whole drama around Da'Von buying a chain? So many of the pop culture references go over my head and I don't have kids so I also miss the parenting stuff. What's the big deal about a boy buying a chain?
  15. Same. Tariq is probably my least favorite character next to Ashley (the aide).