Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E15: The Man Date

Stan is King Richard from Galavant! He was already in a previous episode (the one where Anna Kat stole the candlestick) but I did not recognize him until now. Loved Katie thinking the chairs belonged to Paul Newman.

• Love 3

No, Katie does not get marital credit for groveling.  She should get a debit for creating Greg's misery in the first place.  She and Chloe should have told their husbands together that they're glad for their friendship, but that the wives are out.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Stan is King Richard from Galavant! He was already in a previous episode (the one where Anna Kat stole the candlestick) but I did not recognize him until now. Loved Katie thinking the chairs belonged to Paul Newman.

I saw the commercial for this episode during The Middle and ended up going to ABC.com to watch this and the other one he was in (Playdate), because I loved him so much in Galavant.  And also because I love the actress who plays his wife and Katie's nemesis in these two episodes, who is in another of my favorite shows (Playing House).

I really liked them in these two episodes and I enjoy the lead husband of the series.  (I can't remember his name.)  I haven't watched this show since the pilot because I find the overacting of the lead actress (Katie) so annoying.  I still really don't like her - her constant mugging gets on my nerves - so I probably won't continue.  I may have to reevaluate though if King Richard (Galavant) and Emma (Playing House) continue to have a significant role.

• Love 1

I know "Stan" from Pysch and never got use to his voice coming out of that face. With all that facial hair he's unrecognizable.  It's nice to see him again though.

Still don't like Mixon but I usually watch the show, if not live then on demand. I love Dietrich Bader and the show is not the worst sitcom that's on right now. It's gotten better since the earlier eps.

• Love 2

Oh course Chloe Brown Muellers followers are the "Chlo-riders". 

I really like when Greg stands up to Katie.  

I didnt like the transition shots zooming in on the house w/ wacky sitcom music.  

• Love 1

I think the constant bitchiness between Katie and other Westport women is getting a little old and overdone.  I think they could be handling it a little better.  I didn't find it believable that she and the blonde woman would enter into any kind of "pact" with each other.  The only laugh for me was when Anna-Kat punched her brother in the nose.

I also don't find it believable that Greg would have so much trouble finding other history buffs.  After all, the fair itself was supposedly organized by a historical organization plus who engages in Revolutionary War reenactments if not for history buffs?  They keep portraying Westport as this one-note town full of nouveau-riche social climbing financial types when there is "old money" there still driving old Vovlos and Subarus and not caring what anybody thinks.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Snarklepuss said:

I think the constant bitchiness between Katie and other Westport women is getting a little old and overdone.  I think they could be handling it a little better.  I didn't find it believable that she and the blonde woman would enter into any kind of "pact" with each other.  The only laugh for me was when Anna-Kat punched her brother in the nose.

I also don't find it believable that Greg would have so much trouble finding other history buffs.  After all, the fair itself was supposedly organized by a historical organization plus who engages in Revolutionary War reenactments if not for history buffs?  They keep portraying Westport as this one-note town full of nouveau-riche social climbing financial types when there is "old money" there still driving old Vovlos and Subarus and not caring what anybody thinks.

That's the problem with the show right now. They are acting like Westport is this void of logical thinking, everyone is stuck up or very gullible and the basic concepts of life can't apply. The entire thing with Greg having problems making friends or having those with similar interests doesn't make sense when there are these many people. Similar to how Katie keeps telling Greg the stuff he is doing in town no one cares about or wants to do. I mean, come on. Those positions wouldn't exist if they weren't needed, I can see someone dying and the spots on town councils and societies being left empty as a result. But that is too much. Same goes with the lawn furnature, I mean really, she couldn't find those elsewhere, she had to steel them?

• Love 2

Her blatant favoritism of Ana-Kat is getting old too. Maybe I'm a grump, but this week's ending really bugged me where Ana-Kat bullied her brother and Katie just said she didn't know what this was about but liked it.  I thought the earlier nose punch was funny, because her brother was being a brat to her, but this was too much.  I hope they deal with her newfound bullying powers in a future episode.

And count me in as missing both Psych and Galavant!  I have got the Psych boxed set and it comes in this cool lucite box that glows green -- NEON green-- in the light.  I keep it out on my entertainment center just because it's so mesmerizing, let alone that it contains an awesome show!  And the actor Timothy Omundson makes everything better!

• Love 5

Maybe I'm a grump, but this week's ending really bugged me where Ana-Kat bullied her brother and Katie just said she didn't know what this was about but liked it.  I thought the earlier nose punch was funny, because her brother was being a brat to her, but this was too much.  I hope they deal with her newfound bullying powers in a future episode.

Room on the grump couch for two? I didn't think it was "cute" that Anna-Kat punched Oliver in the face. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Maybe I'm a grump, but this week's ending really bugged me where Ana-Kat bullied her brother and Katie just said she didn't know what this was about but liked it.  I thought the earlier nose punch was funny, because her brother was being a brat to her, but this was too much.  I hope they deal with her newfound bullying powers in a future episode.

Room on the grump couch for two? I didn't think it was "cute" that Anna-Kat punched Oliver in the face. 

Schools usually have zero tolerance for violence, so I expect that Anna-Kat will eventually be suspended for her playground punching.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Love 4
On 2/24/2017 at 0:08 PM, Cowgirl said:

And the actor Timothy Omundson makes everything better!

Yes indeed! Besides "Psych" & Galavant", I loved him as Tyne Daly's boss on "Judging Amy". He also played George Costanza's fiancee Susan's brother on "Seinfeld". 

On 2/24/2017 at 3:17 PM, iMonrey said:

How about 3? I will bring Mayflower wine. 

• Love 3